NORFOLK STATE UNIVERSITY
700 PARK AVENUE * NORFOLK, VIRGINIA * 23504
Robinson Technology Center (RTC)
Office:: (757) 823-9454 Fax: (757) 823-9229
Computer Science Resources
- Food, drinks, liquid containers, candy, gum or tobacco products are not permitted in the lab.
- All lab users must log out before leaving lab for any reason. User accounts left unattended will be logged
out at the risk of losing data and privileges may be suspended.
- Work reas should be cleaned of all materials and chairs should be pushed in before leaving the lab.
- Faculty/Staff, or their teaching assistants, are responsible for ensuring eclassrooms/labs are returned to
their original state before leaving that area.
- Lab telephones are for the lab assistant on duty to use only. These individuals may grant phone use to others
on a limited basis. Use of phone for paging is prohibited.
- Horseplay, profanity, loud talking or loitering will not be permitted.
- Do NOT turn off or reset any computer in the lab. Failure to comply will result in an
immediate suspension of one week.
- Computer users may not use lab workstations to play recreational computer games.
- Study groups that are not using the computers are not allowed to meet in the lab
- Sharing accounts is not allowed. The owner of an account is the only authorized user.
- Laptops and other equipment cannot be connected to the network or workstations.
- Report all system errors and equipment failures to the lab assistant/IT Staff.
- Installation of hardware/software is prohibited. This includes downloaded applications from the Internet.
- Copying/Deleting application files to/from the hard drive is not permitted unless authorized by an
- Moving any lab equipment (i.e. keyboards, monitors, computers, printers, speakers, etc.) will not be
- Observe all posted signs
- NSU Identification is required to borrow software or reference materials.
Materials must be returned within 2-3 business days unless otherwise agreed upon by IT Staff.
- Requests for software installation, and other equipment must be made 10 business days in advance.
In special cases requests can be submitted 24 hours in advance. All requests must be made in writing.
Contact IT staff for proper form.
- Lab/eClassroom reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis. Reservation requests should be
submitted at least 5 business days before the first session. Cancellations should be made at least
24 hours in advance.
- Manual feeding of special paper or transparencies in eclassroom/lab printer is not allowed. Users are not
allowed to load any paper into printers. Contact lab assistant or IT Staff for printer paper refill
- Lab use is strictly reserved for College of Science, Engineering & Technology majors or students enrolled in a
Mathematics or Computer Science course using the lab to complete coursework in that Mathematics
and/or Computer Science course.
- Students must follow all instructions of laboratory personnel or their laboratory privileges will be suspended
for the semester.
Violation of this policy may result in account suspension!!